Teachers Pay Teachers: HUGE LEARNING CURVE!

Three years ago, I had just begun looking into blogging and teachers pay teachers when BAM! I found out I was pregnant and my whole world changed.  Aside from the terrible morning sickness that lasted almost 5 months, I was completely and utterly burnt out as a teacher.  I had given myself wholeheartedly to my students for almost 10 years and I was exhausted.  So, when my beautiful baby arrived I was in much need of a break from the teaching world.  My priorities shifted and I decided to stay home for 2 years with my baby.  Granted, the 2nd year I job shared and taught in a kindergarten class 1 day a week but my mind and heart still wasn't fully committed to being back in the classroom.

This past school year was definitely a big wake up call for me.  3 years ago...I felt like I was on top of my game and up to date with technology.  I "thought" I was pretty good at creating resources on my computer and for years, my colleagues would tell me I should sell my lesson plans, bulletin board ideas, and worksheets but at that time...there was no teachers pay teachers and barely anyone was blogging.  3 years later...and boy what a different story!  TpT has become a household name (at least in the teaching world) and social media has enabled all of us teachers to really collaborate, share, create, and inspire in ways that weren't even possible 3 years ago.  

Which brings me back to my title for my post.  After months of checking out blogs, getting new and fresh ideas, scoping out TpT...I am ready to start collaborating with all the awesome teachers out there!!  BUT IT HAS BEEN A HUGE LEARNING CURVE AND MY BRAIN FEELS LIKE IT'S GOING TO EXPLODE!! LOL! 

After almost a week of tinkering, experimenting, and trying to figure out how to secure a PDF!!!!   I finally have my first product on teachers pay teachers.  I wasn't even planning to have a teachers pay teachers account but as I started to think of what I'll be teaching in September ... I thought why not??? What better way to repay all of the wonderful teachers out there that I have gotten ideas from then to put some of my own out there as well.  

 Back to School Classroom Scavenger Hunt

I'm sure I'll never be as awesome as the amazing Mrs. Jump or as funny and creative as Greg Smedley (gotta love those glue sponges!)....but who knows?  Maybe one of my ideas will help out a teacher out there in need of some new ideas.

So here's to me...and this crazy journey I'm about to take!  Let's hope this learning curve narrows a bit because man...my head hurts :) 


No comments