Eeek! Is it really time to go back to school already?!

I don't know why I'm not used to how quickly August rolls around...you would think after a decade of summers doing this I'd be used to it by now!

I don't know about you but I know it's time to get back to work when I start stalking Target and waiting for the sterilite pencil boxes to go on sale for $0.50.  I'm getting a little nervous and have told myself I'll give it one more week and then I'm gonna bite the bullet and just pay for them full price.  Eeeek!!!

And now that I've been slowly restocking on pencil boxes, writing folders, fadeless butcher paper, etc. I am also starting to redo a lot of the activities I've done for years in my classroom.  I've already done two so far and wanted to share them with you.  I promise I will have better posts that talk in detail about how I do these activities once I am back in the classroom with the kiddos.  For now, I just have these resources on TpT for you to get for free if you like!  I'm all about sharing and collaborating so as I redo/make/create...I'll be sure to share them with you all!

The first project I redid was my Gingerbread Man scavenger Hunt.  I LOOOOVE THE GINGERBREAD MAN STORIES and got hooked by my mentor teacher years ago.  When I took over her classroom she had this as her theme and I couldn't resist using the same gingerbread theme in my room.  Now granted, I'm not talented in classroom decor like many teachers out there but I do like to incorporate the gingerbread theme as best as I can in my room.  I start, of course, by introducing this character on the first day of school.  In September, I'll post in more detail about my gingerbread theme and the activities I do but for now....here is the link to my scavenger hunt clues!


Next, I started to redo my calendar worksheets.  I know many of you do something similar but I thought I'd post it as a freebie on TpT for anyone who hasn't had the time to make these or wanted a different version than the one they are currently using.  I looove to use these calendars as a quick assessment on how my students are doing in terms of writing their numbers, recognizing them, putting them in correct order, etc.  It's also a great activity to have a substitute do!  I like to make copies of the calendars before I send them home to keep for conferences to show the progress students are making in writing their numbers.  Sometimes I feel like we get so busy doing all of the other rigor that we forget to focus on things as simple as writing numbers correctly so this is a quick and easy activity to incorporate into your busy day that is also a great assessment for numeral writing!  Anyway, I'll be working on the other months and posting them soon.  I plan on doing an art activity with each this year and will add that as soon as I can :)  Hope you enjoy this freebie too!  I can't believe school is just around the corner!  eeeeek!!!!





No comments